top of page


How Do I Get A Birth Certificate?

Please visit the website:
www. or (then click on "Get Birth and Death Certificates" on left-hand side)

Zeidler Municipal Building
841 North Broadway, Room 115
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Phone: 414-286-2036

Fees: $20 for one copy and $3 for additional copies of the same record at the same time.  You may also request a birth certificate by mail; see website for details.

How Do I Get A Social Security Card?


Address and Phone Numbers for Milwaukee Social Security Administration Offices:

  • 310 W. Wisconsin Ave., Suite 260, Milwaukee, WI 53203--- (866)467-9626

  • 6300 W. Fond du Lac Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53218---(414)463-2787

  • 1710 S. 7th St., Suite 200, Milwaukee, WI 53204---(414)649-4770

  • 5020 W. North Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53208---(866) 716-8594

  • 8455 W. Layton Ave., Greenfield, WI 53228---(877) 600-2856


National Toll-Free Social Security Administration Phone Number

(800) 772-1213

Things you will need to bring with you:

  1. Proof of citizenship (birth certificate or passport

  2. Proof of identification (drivers license, state ID, passport) See website for more information.  All documents must be originals or certified copies from the issuing agency.  You can also apply by mail.  See website for application form and where to send the application.

How Do I Get a State ID?


See website for details regarding the cost and necessary documents you must bring when applying for a state ID.


  • Central Milwaukee: 2701 Chase Avenue, Milwaukee

  • Downtown Milwaukee: 819 N. 6th Street, Room 190, Milwaukee

  • Northeast Milwaukee:  6073 N. Teutonia Avenue, Milwaukee

  • Northwest Milwaukee:  7301 W. Mill Road, Milwaukee

  • South Milwaukee: 1835 College Avenue, South Milwaukee

  • Southwest Milwaukee: 5500 W. Grange Avenue, Greendale

How Do I Find Safe and Inexpensive Housing?

Wisconsin Front Door Housing:


How Do I Find A Roommate?

Learning How To Read a Lease or Rental Agreement

Wisconsin State Library - Landlord/Tenant Law:

Getting Back in Contact with My Family and/or Significant Others

Team Task

Getting a Driver's License and/or Auto Insurance

Hope Network:  free permit classes listed

Milwaukee County DMV Locations and Requirements:

Google "driving schools Milwaukee WI"  for a list of independent driving schools

Progressive Auto Insurance:

Learning About the 211 System

Team Task

Locating a Recreation Center

Milwaukee Recreation Guide/ Information

Hope Network:  Free recreational activities listed

Setting a Plan to pay Outstanding Tickets or Warrants 901 N. 9th Street

Wisconsin Circuit Court Access

Criminal Traffic Court:  821 West State Street, Room 117, Milwaukee, WI 53233

Learning about Adult Criminal and Court Traffic Works

Team Task

Opening a Bank Account

Team Task

Learning How to Use Checks or Debit Cards

Team Task

Learning About Credit Scores and Applying for a Loan

Get Smart About Money: Milwaukee Public Library:
Phone: (414) 286-3011

Learning How To Complete My Taxes

SDC Free Tax Writing Preparation
(414) 963-2694

What is Project O-Yeah?

O-Yeah is a federally funded initiative (from Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) designed to provide services and support to young people, ages 16 to 25, to successfully transition to adulthood.

How Can I Participate in Project O-Yeah?

Referrals are made to O-Yeah by calling the O-Yeah Office at (414) 257-7158 or through your care coordinator.

bottom of page